Saturday, August 18, 2007
I was nominated to be a Rocking Blogger! I can't believe it!! I was nominated by reflections:0) over at http://flexies.blogspot.com/
If you have not had a chance...go check out her blog. I love looking at all the blogs, getting new ideas, seeing new things people have made.
I was also Tagged recently by Dawn over at http://thechattystamper.blogspot.com/
She has a great blog also to check out.
So...to fulfill my part of the deal, I need to nominate 5 people who I think have Rocking Blogs! Here are 5 that I check out frequently.
1. http://spazzgirldaily.blogspot.com/ Gotta give it up to Simone. I just love this gal.
2. http://justaninkling.blogspot.com/ Kathie has some of the most amazing cards I have ever seen!
3. http://mylittlehobby.blogspot.com/ Kelly has a great sense of style to her cards. I love checking in to see what she has made next.
4. http://inkydoodle.blogspot.com/ I just recently was introduced to this blog and I really love it. Very inspiring!!
5. http://mycreativetreasury.blogspot.com/ I just love love love this blog!!
So there are my picks ladies. I hope you find some new inspiration out there!!
Now, to fulfil my tag I have to post 7 facts about myself...here goes.
1. I am a clean freak. Most who know me already know this but I think I have a little OCD in me! I cant physically leave my house if it is a mess. Not necessarily spit and shine, but picked up, vacuumed and dusted.
2. I am going to start Kuk Sool Won in September. (it is a form of martial arts) Being raised with 2 brothers and a fairly athletic father, I've never really been afraid of sports. I like being physical and sweating. My son is almost a brown belt and I watch him and it is so fascinating to me. Time to join.....
3. I could go a week before I realize make-up has not touched my face all week..oops..sorry public.
4. I have a soft spot for animals, cats especially. I dont like dogs. I dont HATE them, I will just never own one.
5. I love getting the mail everyday. Whether it is email or snail mail. Just something different.
6. This is getting tricky! I dont smoke. Or drink alcohol really. I will, I just never do.
7. I am very very frugal. Unless it is something I want! lol
Ok, there you have it. A peek into my fascinating life! LOL Are you asleep yet?!
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Anyway...I bought the soundtrack to the movie on Tuesday. I am making copies of the soundtrack (dont arrest me!!) for the little girls who are coming to the party. Here are the cd holders I made them to put their cd in.
And for my next workshop, I had to use the new stuff I got out of the catalog this week!! It's all about distressing.
This is the project we are going to make. It is just a little chipboard coaster. I am going to have them put a magnet on the back, (to hang on fridge) then they can put a picture on it later if they want. They can also put it on a card if they choose, or a scrapbook page or add ribbon and hang it.
This is for my stamp club. We meet every other month and they get to make a project for free. Anyone who wants to come just to make the project, it is $3.
I used the new Life's Delights pattern paper. 2 new stamp set's, Playful Petals and Sensational Seals.
I also dry embossed on the Chocolate cardstock and then sanded the embossed grid. It is really easy to do! And with white core cardstock, you can really see the results. Depending on how time goes, we may make a card to go along with this.
Enjoy your day!!!
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Had a talented SU friend show me this great little mini album so I just had to duplicate it. It is actually what I had my club make last month.
I could not find envelopes small enough, so I just bought bigger envie's and cut them down to fit. To make this you will need...
1 piece of solid cardstock 4.5x12 inches long scored at 3 1/4, 6.5, 10, and 10 1/4.
3 pieces of sold cardstock (different color) 3x3.5
3 envelopes not quite 3 x 4 1/4
3 Pattern papers 2.5 x 4 1/2
1 strip of pattern paper 1 1/4 x 7 3/4 and score is at 2 1/4 and 5 3/4 and 6
You can see how I put this together. First I stamped the cardstock. Then I stamped the envelopes. I layered the envelopes on the 3x3.5 piece of cardstock by folding the cardstock up one inch onto the envelope. I attached the envelope only to the one inch of cardstock then attached the rest of the 3x3.5 cardstock to the large cardstock piece in between one of the scored rectangles.
Now, if that was not as clear as mud....
just attach the other three envy's the same way....attach your strip and if you want, a smaller saying to the front of the strip as I have done. Throw your pieces of pattern paper in the envies and now you are done. You can use them to display pictures, journaling...hold coupons..whatever.
Please email if you have any questions. Enjoy your day!
Sunday, August 12, 2007
First, you cut out the image if you need to from the rubber. This is a picture of the rubber stamps with the ezmount (me holding it).
Second, you put a little adhesive on your cut out rubber image. You can use your rubber just like this if you have no ezmount.
Ink your image up with Stayzon ink....and stamp it on the back of the ezmount. The part that goes on the clear block, not the super sticky part that goes on the rubber stamp.
This is what the whole stamp set looked like when I was done stamping it on the ezmount.
Next, cut the images out from the ezmount, and attach the ezmount onto your stamp using the super sticky side of ezmount.
And now you can see the image when you are stamping it!!! So neat! Enjoy your stamps!